Why can't I see it in the gallery

Mar 15, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Do I have to create a special page for this to work?

I do not see the web part in the list

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Same here.  I activated the feature on the site level, but don't see it in the web part gallery or in any of the web part categories.  I haven't looked at the source yet to see what the issue might be, but just thought I'd share my findings.

Apr 8, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Same here I have activated it but can't see it in the list when I tried to insert it. Please help give details. Thanks

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Edited Jan 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Just deploying the wsp package provided in the download section will not work. You will need to make some changes to the source code before this will start working.

Here are the steps I followed to make it work:

1. Ensure that the site you are deploying to is a publishing site. If not, then you must turn on the appropriate publishing features. Alternatively, create a site with one of the Publishing templates.

2. Download the source code and open the source in Visual Studio.

3. Ensure that you switch the master page (Site Actions> Site Settings > Master Pages [Under Look And Feel]) to the master page provided in the visual studio solution. For some reason, SharePoint was not able to list the custom master page in the list of master pages. So I used SharePoint designer to create a new master page and copy the aspx source code from the master page provided in the VS solution to the new master page. This did the trick.

4. In the the WebPartTabs.js file, replace the string ".my-web-part-tabs" with ".WebPartTabsDiv" on lines 51 & 73.

5. Build and deploy the solution. If you tried to run the solution earlier (before these changes), then ensure you delete temporary internet files from your browser, becuase the browser may have cached an older version of the javascript and other client side files.

6. After deploying, create a new page using the custom page layout. Site Actions > More Options > Page > Publishing Page > Create. On the Create Page, select the "(Page) Tab Web Part - Page Layout"

7. On the newly created page, add the webparts that need to be "tabbed" into the "Top" web part zone.

8. After exiting the design / edit mode of the page, you should see your web parts in a "tabbed" fashion.

Hope this helps. This codeplex project was quite useful for me. However, I'd request the author to add some documentation and fix the code.